May 5, 2021
Kasey Bell, host of the Shake Up
Learning Podcast, and author of 3 books including Blended Learning
with Google, joins me to talk about making blended learning
meaningful and dynamic. We hear about her 5 “beyonds” of blended
learning and her tips for using choice boards in the
Show Notes also Available at
- Get on the Season 3 Finale
- Which of the following is
- Educational Duct Tape
Question: How can I make blended
learning dynamic and meaningful?
- Keep things practical. Bottomline,
learning is the priority.
- Pushing boundaries of our
traditional education system.
- Dynamic vs Static Characters in
- Static = old school, characters
stay the same
- Dynamic = Growth, going
- The Dynamic Learning Framework -
going beyond the bell, grade level & subject, tools, due date,
- Steps to take to make class more
- Voice and choice - beyond grade
- Ken Robinson TED -
Do Schools Kill Creativity?
- Think… Where is that wiggle room
in your curriculum to offer voice and choice?
- Choice Boards! - self-directed
learning, autonomy, and ownership
- Choice Board best
- Start with the learning
- Start with 2-3 choices at first
and ramp up later.
- Choice of tool? Should be Familiar
already. Build up that toolbox!
Get Kasey’s Tic-Tac-Toe Choice
- How many “beyonds” can you hit on
during choice boards?
- They aren’t “have-tos” that must
be touched on for every lesson
- Beyond the Tool - using old tools
for new things or using a tool in ways not originally it was
- More Dynamic Learning resources
from Kasey Bell
- Check out Kasey’s three
- Jake’s interview on the Shake Up
Learning Show: shakeuplearning.com/108
(FREE, 3 hours of credit)
- Celebration of the
- Ways to Support the Show
or Connect with Jake & other Duct Tapers!
- Upcoming Events
Homework: Find an educator who likes margaritas as
much as Kasey and tell them about the #EduDuctTape podcast!